Sunday 20 September 2015

Enjoying a smoothie in the sunshine



Hi everyone,
I am writing this post during my break from uni work. Today I wanted to share a bit of a smoothie recipe. Last year, I received a sample from HerFitnessBox (you may remember the video that I posted... it is linked below) and inside were some sachets from the Green Smoothie Co. I realised I still had one left: the 'super booster'. So last week, I finally tried it.




Living in Perth has its benefits, with one being the lovely weather that we enjoy most of the year. September means spring time and it is the perfect opportunity to take a break in the sunshine.

Firstly I wanted to say that I hardly make smoothies because:
1) My blender has lots of components and washing it is tedious work; and
2) I would much rather eat all of the ingredients than blitzing everything to make a drink. 
But this day, I wanted to put all of this aside and make myself one. 


The 'super booster' sachet has the following ingredients: Spirulina, chia, maca, acai, goji, cacao, bee pollen and wheatgrass.

To make two servings (one for me and the other for my sister), here is what I put in:

  • 2.5 frozen bananas
  • 1/4 cup of frozen berries
  • about 2 cups of water
  • 'super booster' sachet
I prefer smoothies to be on the runny side or of low viscosity (I am taking a unit about hydrology :P). With just a few ingredients I had a yummy drink, which I took outside to enjoy on the grass. My dog, Toby, seemed to want to try it too. 



The weather is currently lovely right now and it reminded me to write this post. Thanks for reading!

This is the video I posted last year (another smoothie recipe is shown too):


*I was not asked/ expected to make this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment