Sunday 12 April 2015

Long time no see, write and talk!

Hi everyone,

I am approaching week 7 of my uni semester after having a 'study break' this past week. How is it nearly the final stretch of semester 1 already? This semester has been quite disruptive so I haven't felt like I have gotten into the 'uni swing of things'. It seriously feels like I am stuck in week 2 and just trying to get focused after the summer. I guess things are different because I now have a job and there was a time that I was working 3 days a week plus going to uni for 2 days and trying to catch up on assignments, lectures and other work in 2 days. I had no time to myself and I didn't like it that way.

So what did I do? I talked to my manager about working less and he was very understanding. Now I have a great working schedule. Communication is key. If you aren't happy about something... speak up and it can be fixed.

This study break I actually made time to see some friends and volunteer at my university. I can't say that I have many friends so catching up with people for fun is a real treat! The volunteering job was such an enjoyable experience and I hope to do something similar in the future. But of course, most of my time was spent this studying, getting on top of readings and assignments (something I should be doing now!)

I will leave it there and I hope for you guys to see me in video form soon. Being busy with uni and work obviously stops me from uploading content but it's also been a lack of inspiration. I don't really watch a lot of videos anymore. I will save that topic for another post.

That's what I have been up to, how are you going?

-Jessica :)

No comments:

Post a Comment